Pages 4
File Size 281.4 KB
File Type PDF
Total Downloads 29
Total Views 139

Summary

whole outine...

Description

UNV-303: Topic 3 Time Management and S.M.A.R.T. Goal Worksheet Directions: There are three parts to this assignment, Parts A, B and C. In Part A, you will begin by keeping an informal time log using the Time Management Resource attached to the assignment in Loudcloud. In this resource, you will note all of your activities for 3 days, from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.(even if your wake up and go to bed time alter from this begin and end time, please use this time frame and just place what you are doing during the hours allocated). In Part B, you will use the S.M.A.R.T. goals method to write three goals. In Part C, you will analyze the results from your time log to determine any changes you may need to make to how you spend your time to maximize your chances of achieving your goals, and will create a Personal Accountability Plan.

Part A: Time Monitoring Activity/Worksheet You may print out the Time Monitoring Resource or download it to your device and fill it out electronically. (DO NOT SUBMIT THE TIME MANAGEMENT RESOURCE; IT IS FOR YOUR RECORD KEEPING ONLY.) 1) Monitor your time in hourly increments: a) Carry your Time Monitoring Resource with you whenever you are awake. b) Each hour of the day, starting at 5:00 a.m. and ending at 11:00 p.m., write down what you did during that hour. If you do not get up until 10 a.m., do you record 5:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.? Yes, you will just note that you were “sleeping” during those hours. c) Do not overdo the recording; record the primary activity for the hour. 2) On Day 4, when you have 3 days of time monitored, it is time to analyze your time use. You will need to have your Time Monitoring Resource available, as you will need this to review and reflect what you have noted, as well as using it to take notes on when analyzing your data. © 2020. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.

3) College students usually find that most time management issues fall into 3 main categories, so this is where you will start the analysis. Brainstorm and organize your data into the three areas noted below, and add area(s) where you see necessary. Here are the 3 main areas students generally struggle with in regards to time management:  Making poor judgments about using their time wisely (procrastination would fall under this area or not prioritizing events or tasks wisely)  Becoming immobilized or shutting down mentally and/or physically when stressed  Giving less than their best efforts when rushed and overwhelmed or when they feel like quitting 4) Once you have fully analyzed your data, you will be ready to begin Parts B and C; creating your S.M.A.R.T Goals and Personal Accountability Plan. Part B: S.M.A.R.T. Goal Setting Use the S.M.A.R.T. Goals Chart provided below to complete this part of the assignment. In the first row of the chart, identify a personal goal, an academic goal, and a professional goal. In the rows below, verify that each of your goals is a S.M.A.R.T goal. The goal characteristics, Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely, are listed in the left column. Identify how each S.M.A.R.T characteristic is included in your goals. Complete all the columns in the worksheet.

S.M.A.R.T Goal Setting Chart: Personal Goal

Academic Goal

Goal Specific

© 2020. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.

Professional Goal

Measurable Attainable Realistic Timely

Part C: Personal Accountability Plan Now you are ready to create a Personal Accountability Plan. Making a time management plan that helps achieve your goals is relatively easy. Sticking to the plan is the difficult part. That is why the Personal Accountability Plan is so important. 1. Identify two main discoveries you made about how you spend your time based on the 3-days of data from your time log. Also, note what you spent more and/or less time doing than you thought you would.

2. Review your S.M.A.R.T. goals. In 250-300 words create an accountability plan by answering the following questions regarding your SMART Goals: 1. How can I change my time management plan to support achieving my goals? 2. How can I monitor my progress to keep track of how well I am working toward achieving my goals? © 2020. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.

3. How can I tell when my time management plan is off-target and needs correction? 4. How can I reward myself for following my time management plan and moving toward my goals?

© 2020. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved....

Similar Free PDFs